STEM Mission: Inspiring achievement through rigorous, innovative, and authentic experiences.
STEM provides problem-based learning for our students. STEM students have opportunities to be problem solvers, risk takers, critical thinkers and innovators by taking positions on real world problems. By working through a combination of learning strategies they discover the nature of a problem, understand the variables involved and gain a perspective viewpoint of those affected. Students also participate in a number of unique field experiences every year and many industry partners/experts work side-by-side our students.
Characteristics of a STEM Student
STEM students are observant, persistent, curious about how things work, risk takers, problem solvers and questioners! He or she may:
- Like to read and write about nonfiction topics; such as nature, earth sciences, technology, social studies, etc.
- Like to design, create, and build things.
- Like to communicate through designing, diagramming, drawing, discussing and writing.
- Have an affinity towards animals.
- Be Interested in the who, how, and why of sciences.
- Like to collect and classify items like; rocks, shells, leaves, bugs, etc.
- Enjoy taking things apart.
- Construct items from everyday objects like; tape, paper, rubber bands, paper clips, cotton ball, cardboard, etc.
Interested in STEM? Learn More About Our School