Explore The Kinder Little Lynx Webpage
Welcome to the Kindergarten landing page on the new STEM Magnet Lab website. This page should serve as an important starting point for all kindergarten information at STEM Magnet Lab School. Here you can find recent news and upcoming events for kindergarten. If you would like a paper copy of our newsletter please speak with your child's teacher. For more detailed information about your child's classroom please visit the appropriate online classroom for your child's teacher from the list below.
Kindergarten Student Information/Volunteer Form
Click on the correct link below to fill-out the information/volunteer form:
The state of Colorado adopted new standards for literacy, math, science, and social studies. These standards set expectations for student achievement at each grade level. If you’d like to review the new standards for Kindergarten visit the Colorado Dept. of Education website. See below for exemplars, rubrics, and checklists for the narrative and opinion writing expectations.
Please let Us know if you have any questions. The office would be a great resource for any inquiries as well.
1. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify the school attendance line, 720-972-6610 any time a student is absent from school. Please do so by 7:50 a.m. This policy is necessary to account for and ensure the safety and well-being of each student.
2. Parents may excuse up to 5 absences per semester. Any additional absences will require a doctor’s note or court documentation to be considered excused. At 5 absences, an attendance letter will be sent home signed by the teacher. At 10 absences, an attendance meeting will be scheduled and a contract will be put into place. Any additional absences will result in a District referral.
3. Parents of students who have previously been cited for excessive absenteeism will receive a second written notification and will be encouraged to meet with the building administrative team.
4. The school will follow the same procedures for children who exhibit a pattern of absenteeism (ex., every Friday or excessive tardies).
5. We strongly encourage you to schedule vacations in conjunction with the school calendar. Please be advised that school absences accrued during your vacation time still impact your child’s attendance record.
6. When all other measures fail, students may be referred to the district attendance/truancy, or other appropriate agencies.
Students leaving school prior to regular dismissal time must be signed out of the school by a parent or a person authorized by the parent. No students shall leave the school grounds while school is in session unless they are under the supervision of a certified employee of the district or being checked out by their parent or a parent-authorized adult. Check out at the office is required with a valid i.d. Under no circumstances shall a child be released to an adult who does not first appear in the office. The members of the office staff shall exercise all caution to assure themselves that the student is being released to persons authorized to have custody of the child.
When your child is absent, he/she will be given any make-up work when he/she returns to school. For each day a child misses school, he/she will have 2 days to complete the missing work. Students who miss school due to a vacation will be given any make-up work when they return to school following the absence. Again, for each day missed, 2 days will be given for completion of homework. This rule does not apply to students who are absent due to an out-of-school suspension.