Inspiring achievement through rigorous, innovative, and authentic experiences.
Welcome to STEM Lab. STEM Lab provides problem-based learning for our students. STEM Lab students have opportunities to be problem solvers, risk takers, critical thinkers and innovators by taking positions on real world problems. By working through a combination of learning strategies they discover the nature of a problem, understand the variables involved and gain a perspective viewpoint of those affected. Students also participate in a number of unique field experiences every year and many industry partners/experts work side-by-side our students.
Characteristics of a STEM Lab Student
STEM Lab students are observant, persistent, curious about how things work, risk takers, problem solvers and questioners! He or she may:
- Like to read and write about nonfiction topics; such as nature, earth sciences, technology, social studies, etc.
- Like to design, create, and build things.
- Like to communicate through designing, diagramming, drawing, discussing and writing.
- Like to work with friends to accomplish difficult goals, team sports, First Lego League, Destination Imagination, ropes courses, and other games that require 3 or more people.
- Like searching for "why" themselves when questions arise about how things work or interact.
- Have an affinity towards animals.
- Be Interested in the who, how, and why of sciences.
- Construct items from everyday objects like; tape, paper, rubber bands, paper clips, cotton ball, cardboard, etc.