Mrs. Johnson's 8th Grade Class
Welcome to Mrs. Johnson's online classroom.
Clever - Access to Big Ideas textbook and homework assignments. See below for access if unable to login.
Homework will be assigned nightly through Big Ideas using the Clever login website. Please login with your child periodically to check their homework is getting done and the precentages.Steps to log into Big Ideas:
- Go to www.clever.com/in/ad12portal
- Click on Students: Grades k-8
- If you are logged into your Adams 12 Google, you will automatically be logged into Clever. (Skip to Step 7)
- If you are not logged into Google, you will be taken to a generic Google login page.
- Enter your entire email address including the adams12.org using your universal username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This will take you to the Adams 12 Google login. Enter your universal username and password.
- The first time you log into Clever only, it will ask your permission to access your Google Account. Click on Allow.
- Click on the Big Ideas logo. You will now be in Big Ideas.
Khan Academy - Skills practice
GradesFormative Assessments are assignments like homework, classwork, or any other kind of practice. These will be entered in IC with the following coding: T= Turned in at or above 75% (80% for honors) I = Turned in below 75% (80% for honors) M= Missing assignment was not turned in on time -- If a student completes this they need to explicitly show or state to Mrs. Johnson that it is now complete so the grade can be changed.
Summative Assessments contain three grades one for content, one for Procedural Fluency, and one for Communication. Content will change depending on the chapter. Content can be Algebra, Geometry, Equations and Expressions, Probability and Stats, Fucntions or Number Sense.