Gifted and Talented
What Is Gifted And Talented?
According To The National Society For The Gifted And Talented, Here Are Some Characteristics Of Gifted Students That Parents Should Use To See If They Think Their Child Is Gifted:
- Gifted students are often perfectionist and idealistic.
- Gifted students may experience heightened sensitivity to their own expectations and those of others.
- Gifted students are asynchronous
- Some gifted students are "mappers" (sequential learners), while others are "leapers" spatial learners.
- Gifted students may be so far ahead of their chronological age mates that they know half the curriculum before the school year begins!
- Gifted children are problem solvers.
- Gifted students often think abstractly and with such complexity that they may need help with concrete study and test-taking skills.
- Gifted students who do well in school may define success as getting an "A" and failure as any grade less than an "A".
For more information on GT and how Adams 12 identifies students, visit https://www.adams12.org/departments/gifted-advanced-academics or contact Dan Wiske at 720-972-3352