City of Northglenn & Bicycle Colorado
The City of Northglenn has partnered with Bicycle Colorado to offer a one-time FREE community class -- Bicycle-Friendly Drivers. This class is part of the 5 "E"s of implementation (Education!) of Connect Northglenn, the city's bicycle and pedestrian master plan.
When: Tuesday, April 16 from *6-7:30 p.m. *light refreshments will be served
Where: Northglenn Justice Center Community Room, 50 W. Community Center Dr.
How: Register at www.northglenn.org/driverclass
This interactive class covers the following topics:
- Common causes of crashes between motorists and bicyclists and how to avoid them.
- Legal and illegal behavior for motorists and bicyclists.
- How to navigate on-street bicycle infrastructure while driving a motor vehicle.
- Why sharing the road is the safest option for both motorists and bicyclists.
- What laws and etiquette we teach bicyclists.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Bicycle-Friendly Driver certificate, a sticker to display on their vehicle, and the option to pledge to be a Bicycle-Friendly Driver.
Check out this flier to see other City efforts to implement Connect Northglenn.